Mundane Modalities on a Wednesday

It's another hump-day. Another one of my endless, mindless trips up and down the 408. I will have wasted a considerable amount of my limited life commuting by the time I'm finally shoveled into the cold earth. Might as well photograph what I see moving as when I'm not.

The light coming down through the clouds reminds me a little of the really bad science fiction movie "Skyline". Except this isn't Los Angeles.

Lighting the way
The light on the way into work
Olympus E-1, Zuiko 12-60mm, 60mm, f/5.6, ISO 100, 1/640s

My exit from the 408 takes me past the latest construction in Research Park. A new building is going up, just down the street from a number of big old empty buildings in the same park. So the new and shiny goes up because it's just not cool to take over the old and busted and fix it up.

New Construction Challenger Parkway
Flattening and fluffing the good earth
Olympus E-3, Zuiko 50-200mm, 108mm, f/5.6, ISO 100, 1/400s

I forget to bring my lunch in with me, so I walk across the street to Jersey Mike's for a sub. The World of Bear is in the same complex. I crank up the ISO to 3200 in the E-1, press the lens against the glass to block all the sunlight and glare, and press the shutter. This is what a bar looks like during the daylight hours when the rest of humanity works. Come the evening it'll be lit up like a castle.

Dark by day
Daylight in the bar
Olympus E-1, Zuiko 12-60mm, 12mm, f/5.6, ISO 3200, 1/30s

On the way out I pass another construction site, this one on Alafaya. They're building a rather large multi-story garage. On the ground next to it (and not seen) they're laying out the plumbing and slab for the building that's going to be paired with this garage.

New construction Alafaya Trail
Building a parking garage
Olympus E-3, Zuiko 12-60mm, 16mm, f/5.6, ISO 100, 1/1250s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5