Matthew Robertson has created another site showcasing his excellent creativity. He's named it 5kphoto, and it's a very interesting spot on the web indeed. According to Matthew
This is my daily photography project. The rules are:Go look. It's worth it. And then go back again and again, and watch his project evolve.
• Take at least one photo a day with my compact digital camera.
• Upload as many as possible to a dedicated gallery.
• Post one of each days' photos to this blog.
• The project ends when the gallery reaches 5000 photos.
Some of the fine print:
– There will be a built-in delay between taking and publishing each photo.
– If the camera dies, that will also end the project.
My goal is to have this project train me to always have and use a little digital point-and-shoot.
My hope is that the project will form a record of a significant period of time, and give me a reason to be adventurous again.
I've picked the Panasonic TS3, in orange, as a reliable camera that's not too big and gives decent quality. I'm not aiming for art, but hopefully some of it will be interesting.