If it's Sunday then I must be in Boston

Caught a Delta flight out of OIA to Boston so I could be here bright and early Monday morning for the Spring Simulation Interoperability Workshop being held at the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel by SISO, the Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization.

I came to present a paper, and while I was at it, see if I could photography some of Boston. The hotel I'm staying at is about a half mile from the Marriott. I'm going to walk back and forth and carry a camera in case I see something. When I got to Boston this afternoon I went out walking with the E-P2, the 17mm and the OM 50mm. I photographed a fair amount, some of which I liked.

The light was incredible in Boston, helped by the fact that by the time I checked in and hit the streets with my camera it was the golden hour. The section of Boston I walked around was absolutely magnificent in the afternoon light.

I wasn't the only one with a camera. I spotted lots of Canon and Nikon DSLRs, especially with twenty-somethings. Lots of cell-phone camera usage, especially with the iPhone. The only camera I spotted that looked anything like I was using was another twenty-something carrying a Leica X1.

Boston is a terrific city to photograph. I think I'm going to enjoy this trip on a number of different levels.












Bill in Boston

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5