Let Sleeping Labs Lie

Blissful

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

I paid to have a skylight put into the roof because it was as dark as a cave in the center of the house, even at mid-day. It had been that way ever since we first moved into the house. The original 'architect' thought that having windows on either side of the fireplace at the back would allow enough light into the interior to avoid plunging the room into darkness, but it wasn't enough. So, when I had the roof rebuilt and brought back up to code late last year I also had the contractor put in the skylight.

It's been a big hit with all the animals.

While the skylight is double-paned to keep the heat out, all the critters still love to nap under the beam during the middle of the day.

The cats in particular love to have their ears in the light, especially Lulu. Since I understand cats even less than I understand Labs, I haven't a clue why they do this.

Lazybones

I guess that's why we have the critters around. They keep us entertained.

Technical

Top two photos taken with the E-P2 and the M.Zuiko 9-18mm MSC UWA zoom lens. The images are straight out of the camera; I only scaled the images smaller.

The bottom photo is taken with the E-1 and the Sigma 30mm 1:1.4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5