Wednesday Like a River

The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down

The skies turned black and the rain poured out of the heavens like it meant to wash me off the roadway. When the rain wasn't pouring, the wind was blowing my little Prius around like it was going to kick it into the guard rails. The weather was bad enough that saner drivers had pulled off underneath overpasses until the rain let up a bit. I just slowed down and kept rolling down the 408 until the weather cleared around I-4.

You see this kind of weather in Florida, but usually later in the year, especially when a tropical storm, or worse a hurricane, comes to visit. Whoever said March leaves like a lion must have lived in Florida.

Multiple Views

Sitting at the Universal-Turkey Lake intersection, waiting to stop over at Walmart to pick up something special for supper. Tonight is unofficial Mexican night, where I fix tacos with ground turkey. I needed a few extras to fill out all the fixins. After a big, wild rainstorm clears out the light gets unique, especially the afternoon light.

Firetruck Flashing Tail Light

When I got to Walmart an emergency had occurred, and they'd called in the closest EMT group to handle the situation. Lucky for me it included another firetruck, and a really nice one at that. The rain had let up, but there was still water everywhere, and there was that interesting after-the-storm light. And so I put the groceries in the boot, grabbed my camera, and took a few closeups around the firetruck.

Firetruck Hoses

Firetruck Siren

Orange County 1

Technical

Once again, everything taken using the Olympus E-1 with the Sigma 30mm, all at ISO 100. I have come to love that camera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5