Traveling North

On the road again to Tallahassee. I drove up to taxi my youngest back down to Orlando, one last time, at the start of spring break. Yes, she could have driven herself. Yes, she's certainly old enough. But this is her last quarter as an undergrad at FSU, and this is the last time I'll have this kind of opportunity. It's the end of one more era as my girls grow older and move further into their adulthood.

On the way home we'll take 27 south and a 'mini' road trip through the parts of Florida less traveled, at least compared to I-10 and I-75. We'll both have all our camera gear and we plan on making as many stops as we feel are necessary to photograph those parts of Florida. She'll have my old E-300 and the E-1 I bought used from KEH, and I'll have my E-3 and E-P2. Plus the full compliment of lenses for all four bodies. Hey, if you've got them, you might as well try out as many little 'experiments' as you can. The Prius makes the perfect photo expedition vehicle.

Stake and Shake EMT
"Three In A Row"
Olympus E-P2 with M.Zuiko 17mm
1/20s, f/2.8, ISO 400
Stake and Shake, Tallahassee, FL

I headed for Tallahassee straight from work a little after 3pm. I arrived at the Thomasville exit due north of Tallahassee at 7:30pm. I picked up my daughter and we went to a local Stake and Shake on Capital Circle NW, next to the Walmart at Capital Circle and West Tennessee. We were both bad and had chicken fingers with fries. I tried to be not so bad by having a diet Coke with my meal. She was totally bad; she ordered a regular Sprite doctored with some cherry syrup with her meal. It took us nearly an hour to get waited on and served.

Colorful Dining Tallahassee
"Colorful Dining"
Olympus E-P2 with M.Zuiko 17mm
1/30s, f/2.8, ISO 400
Stake and Shake, Tallahassee, FL

I've crashed at a cheap motel until tomorrow morning. I can't call before 8am lest I invoke the wrath of a sleepy, post-paper-post-exam college student. Next it's a quick pack of her dirty laundry and her Macbook Pro, then breakfast, and then we're heading back south for a week-long get-together in Orlando.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5