I found this on a Yahoo! message board. I thought it worth repeating. And you wonder why Microsoft is thought of so poorly in some quarters.
- "We will not rest until your business is secure. Period." - Brian Valentine, MS VP - Windows Division 10-03-2001
- "When we face a choice between adding features and resolving security issues, we need to choose security. Our products should emphasize security right out of the box." - Bill Gates 1-16-2002
- "SP2 is a release that is totally focused on security and in fact today that is the primary focus on the Windows team." - Bill Gates 2-24-2004
- "Security is our top priority. I can't see that changing any time soon." - Bill Gates 2-15-2006
- "When you are dealing with rootkits and some advanced spyware programs, the only solution is to rebuild from scratch. In some cases, there really is no way to recover without nuking the systems from orbit." - Mike Danseglio, MS Security Group 4-4-2006