Suse 10.1 RC-3 automatic wireless networking

I just discovered that wireless networking now connects automatically, at least under the Gnome desktop. It happened when I rebooted the notebook. When I logged back into my notebook account Network Manager automatically reconnected to my home wireless network without any intervention, just like Windows XP does. As a test, I plugged in a network wire to the port on the back. The Network Manager disconnected the wireless connection and then reconnected to the network using the wired connection. When I disconnected the wire it went back to using the wireless connection. All automatically. It Just Works.

This is finally what networking should be under Linux, and what it should have been for some time now. Thank you Suse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5