SuSE 10.1 RC 1 released

The next release is available. Looking at the most annoying bugs, the biggest problem seems to be the update of existing systems. I'm going to do with SuSE 10.1 what I did with SuSE 10. I'm going to do a complete re-installation of the OS. My drive is subdivided such that /home is separate from the root. I can re-install with reasonable care, knowing that what is important to save is on /home and will be picked up after the installation (such as my home directory and all my projects). Easter is this weekend so my update probably won't occur until early next week.

Updates

I started downloading this afternoon, right before I took Max for his walk. Azureus (BitTorrent) is a wonderful tool. I can snag all five ISOs at once.

Friday 4/14 3:50 am - After waking up I rambled into the home office to check on the downloads. The ISOs are complete and Azureus is now seeding back out to the network. According to Azureus downloading all five ISOs took five hours 33 minutes. I think I'll be a Good Net Citizen and let the Bit Torrent continue to seed out. It's a good thing I don't have bandwidth limits on Brighthouse, a.k.a. RoadRunner. Or at least I hope not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5