The Day Before Christmas Eve

Kitteh and the Christmas Tree
Lucy fascinated by the Christmas tree

The day was split between work and just getting ready for the weekend and Christmas. I had my two doctor appointments for my knee today, a morning acupuncture session and an afternoon physical therapy session. While riding around I had a chance for a few oddball photographs, and then the photo above with Lucy.

Lucy has been fascinated by the Christmas tree ever since the decorations went up and the lights were turned on. See sits in a chair facing the tree and stars at all the shiny bobbles and lights. So far she hasn't tried to climb into the tree, but I've watched here batting at the decorations on the lowest branches. This is the first year she's done this.

This was taken by setting the focus zone to the very far right, over the back of her head. I then held the camera out to the side at arm's length behind Lucy, just checking that the green focus area lit up around her head and pressed the shutter. I was able to get a reasonable composition. I just wanted to somehow capture this moment, any part of the moment. And I think I did.

Architecture 1
Architecture 2

During a run for lunch, I stopped at a sub shop close to the house (I worked out of the house). On the way back out to the car I happened to look up and see the architecture against the deep blue Florida sky. I grabbed the E-P1 and took a few with the Panasonic 20mm attached. During processing I used Silver Efex Pro 2 and the low-key processing. I was trying to capture as much of the tonal range as possible with the contrast kept as low as possible (believe it or not).

I like the E-P2 for the simple fact that when anyone sees me taking a photo with it they think I'm some sort of crazy tourist, and then immediately dismiss me. I like this camera with its small pancake lenses. It's relatively small size and it's non-DSLR shape allow it to hide in plain sight.

Comments

  1. Uh Bill, you on the painkillers or something? Read your second paragraph. You should train that cat to use a litter box instead:-) Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate auto-correction. Especially while medicated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are checked. Comment SPAM will be blocked and deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5