Christmas with the Critters

This was the first Christmas day when neither of the girls were home. All we had were a collection of Labs and cats to keep us entertained. And for the most part we stayed in the house and entertained ourselves with the various gifts we'd gotten each other. My wife was very pleased with the Nook Tablet I'd gotten her, and kept remarking how easy it was to use compared to the Nook Color I'd gotten her last year. I'll put a review of it up on thewsreviews in short order.

All of these except for the first were test shots taken with the M.Zuiko 45mm and the 40-150mm R lenses on the E-P2, under various lighting indoors, out, and mixed.

You see these sharp claws?

Ruby the Elf - Test 45mm

Fuzzy Head - Test 45mm

December Hibiscus - Test 40-150mm

I'll be doing more detailed personal reviews of the three lenses I got in December, but for the now let me say that the two new Zuikos were light and whisper quiet. And for what I paid for the 40-150 R ($160 on sale this month), I have to say that the 40-150mm R is an incredible bargain considering how good it is. From what I can see, it combines the best qualities of the original 40-150mm 1:3.5-5.6 and the second generation 40-150mm 1:4-5.6. The lens formulation of the R version has indeed changed with regards to the second generation 4/3rds version of this lens, and it's 30 grams lighter to boot. It's a great lens to have in the bag, especially when you need a quick reach out to 300mm equivalent.

More to follow.

And above all, Merry Christmas to everyone, both two and four-footed.

Comments

  1. >Merry Christmas to everyone, both two and four-footed

    Same to you and yours, Bill...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are checked. Comment SPAM will be blocked and deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5