I then went googling for the error message:
java: xcb_xlib.c:52: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.I found the same problem and a solution on another forum, and the solution is to add the following to your environment:
export LIBXCB_ALLOW_SLOPPY_LOCK=1Sure enough I added it to the local window's environment and it started right up. I need to add it to my login environment. In all the time I've run any distribution I've never run across the problem. They currently run just fine on openSUSE 10.2 and Ubuntu 7.04. Must be clean living and lots of dumb luck. Here's another one to check and see if it still exists when openSUSE 10.3 final is released.