Waiting for Spring

Before the Green of Spring
"Before the Green of Spring"
Olympus E-P1 with Zuiko Digital 50mm 1:2
1/1000s, f/2.5, ISO 200

As I wrote yesterday, this week's theme in the 365 group is bokeh. I like my bokeh subtle; looking at out-of-focus blobs of light doesn't work with me. Instead, I like to see a gentle change in focus, with an interesting mix of colors in the background.

Old Palmetto Palm
"Old Palmetto Palm"
Olympus E-P2 with Zuiko Digital 50mm 1:2
1/640s, f/2.5, ISO 200, -0.3 EV

Or else, a single color, such as black. Both of these were taken in an open field across the street from my office. It was unusually warm today in Orlando, in stark contrast to what the mid-west and north-east sections of the US are suffering through right now. Short-sleeve weather.

I cheated a bit by using a macro lens. It's hard not to get bokeh. Tomorrow I need to pull back for more 'macro' and less 'micro'.

I also wrote that I was sending the E-1 up to my daughter to use. For the short time the E-1 was with me it 'taught' me to appreciate more subtlety in color and luminance. I've been a little too crazy with color and contrast. I now carry an E-1 'profile look' in my mind, and that influences what subjects I select and how I photograph them in an attempt to approach the E-1 look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5