A Boy Can Dream


Wouldn't you know it. After all that emo-angst I wrote yesterday about how I wasn't worthy and it was a waste for me to spend all that cash on new camera gear, Sony comes along and blows those self-rightous platitudes completely out of the water with their announcement of the α700 replacement, the SLT α77.

I. Want. One. Now.

Well, not quite this very minute. I'll wait for the official product release, and then let it get reviewed by the usual guilty parties, mix in the requisite amount of salt with the conclusions, and see if it's worth purchasing. Until then, it's standard operating procedure with the standard camera gear I currently have.

According to Camera Gearguide:
  • It uses the same fixed mirror-technology first introduced with the α33 and α55
  • It is supposed to have an Exmore-based rear-illuminated 20+ megapixel APS-C sensor
  • Cost as much as the Canon 60D
I'd give anything to buy one with the translucent body. Translucent is the new black.

Will Sony Sue Themselves?!

From a story on Slashdot:
"Sony Marketing Man, Kevin Butler's official Twitter feed retweets a post by @exiva that posts the PS3 Master key. Kevin Butler who has over 69,000 followers tweet read (The tweet now deleted): '@TheKevinButler Lemme guess... you sank my Battleship? RT @exiva: 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2 Come at me, @TheKevinButler'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5