Of Talented Pigs and Excellent Barbecue

The Big Pig
"The Big Pig (No Wimps)"
Olympus E-P2 with Zuiko OM 50mm 1:1.4
1/250s, f/2, ISO 400

Today, for the first time in a long time, I had a great Big Big Pig lunch at Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Q on the corner of Challenger Parkway and Alafaya. The occasion was a little relaxing socialization with a business group before they traveled home.

I've been eating Bubbalou's barbecue since the early 1990's at the Lee Road location. I started eating at the Challenger location when I started working out at the Research Park in the late 1990's. There's a third store I know of close to home at Kirkman and Conroy on Conroy, which is my oldest daughter's favorite haunt. All three have been consistently good places to eat.

While I was there I got to meet the owner for the very first time (first photo). He was a gracious host and a true gentleman. And while I was there I grabbed a few photos of some of the pigs he has scattered about the store. Most of them are of the flying variety, except for the unusual Irish pig that lounges above the bar (the Lucky Pig of the Lucky Pig Lounge; see below).

Irish Pig
"Lucky Pig"
Olympus E-P2 with Zuiko OM 50mm 1:14
1/320s, f/2, ISO 400, -1.3 EV

One of the best features about the Challenger location (besides the food) are the flying pigs that hang all about the location. I don't know how many are there, but they add a nice touch of merriment to the place. Besides, how many times have I been told that something will only be ready "when pigs can fly"...

Flying in Formation
"Flying in Formation"
Olympus E-P2 with Zuiko OM 50mm 1:1.4
1/50s, f/2, ISO 400, -1.3 EV

Big Orange Flying Pig
"Big Orange Flying Pig"
Olympus E-P2 with Zuiko OM 50mm 1:1.4
1/100s, f/2, ISO 400, -1.3 EV
According to what I've read, Bubbalou's has been in business for over 20 years. That's a long time in the restaurant business. After tasting their excellent barbecue again today, I know why.

Comments

  1. Great Pictures! And I absolutely concur - the BBQ there is superb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are checked. Comment SPAM will be blocked and deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5