Slow Sunday

Yes, it's super bowl Sunday. No, I couldn't care less. I was out looking for a new inexpensive mattress near Florida Mall when I came across this closed Smokey Bones restaurant.

Former Smokey Bones
"Closed Smokey Bones"
Olympus E-P2 with M.Zuiko 14-42mm
1/640s, f/5.6, ISO 400, 14mm
Smokey Bones was Darden Restaurants' (Olive Garden, Red Lobster) attempt to start up a chain of BBQ restaurants to compete with Sonny's and Bubbalous, just to name two. Funny thing is I never even knew they existed until just recently. And I love BBQ.

Darden sold the chain to private equity firm Sun Capital Partners in late 2007. Before then, Darden had closed 50 of the Smokey Bones locations around Florida and the southeast. If this store was closed during that period then this one has been shut for quite a while. I'm surprised I didn't capture this one before now, but with all the closed stores around Orlando, I sort of grew numb documenting so many similar situations in 2009.

While I was out and about I drove the wife back over to Mall of Millenia. She went into Nordstrom Rack to pick up a heavily discounted Betsey Johnson watch as one of the girls Valentines' gift. I stayed outside and went all artsy with the E-P2 and its kit lens.

Wet Green
"Wet Green"
Olympus E-P2 with M.Zuiko 14-42mm
1/60s, f/5.6, ISO 200, 26mm


Edges
"Edges"
Olympus E-P2 with M.Zuiko 14-42mm
1/50s, f/5.6, ISO 200, 26mm


Trimmed
"Trimmed"
Olympus E-P2 with M.Zuiko 14-42mm
1/320s, f/5.6, ISO 200, 26mm

If you're wondering why 26mm was used in all three photos, it's because I wanted to use the equivalent of a 50mm lens (in 35mm format). So I guessed where to set the lens, and left it alone.

It's interesting what you can find outside of a Nordstrom's if you look down a bit.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments are checked. Comment SPAM will be blocked and deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5