Little Blue Blimp

Little Blue Blimp (006:365)
"Little Blue Blimp"
Olympus E-P2 with ZD 50mm Macro and MMF-1 adapter
1/500s, f/5, ISO 200


This is a re-shoot of the earlier DirecTV photo I took on Tuesday. I was in a lousy mood Tuesday, and that day's photo wasn't too particularly wonderful either. This time I finally discovered how to get to the other side of Orlando Executive Airport and the open field where this particular blimp was moored. I was able to walk to a good location take this better photo.

It's interesting seeing the flexible display (that black rectangle on the lower half of the body). I don't know how it works at the moment, but my goal is to go back and ask the blimp's owners if I can get a series of close-up images of their blimp.

I was inspired to take this by the incredible aviation photography I've seen produced by TwoZeroWest, a.k.a. Bruce Croft. His photos are superb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5