El Paso, Day 3

Evening Meal - Forti's Mexican Elder Restaurant
"Evening Meal"
Olympus E-P2 with M.Zuiko 17mm
1/13s, f/2.8, ISO 640

Today was another long stay at the conference. After it broke up for the day, my compaƱero del viaje and I decided to find a real Mexican restaurant (or as close to real as you'll find in Anglo Texas). Since I have a pathetically primitive cell phone, it fell to my compaƱero del viaje to use his iPhone 4 and Yelp to find Forti's Mexican Elder Restaurant.

Searching Yelp - Forti's Mexican Elder Restaurant
"Yelping About"
Olympus E-P2 with OM 50mm 1:1.4
1/20s, f/2, ISO 640

Yelp gave Forti's an excellent rating, and even provided real-time directions on how to get there. The application knew when we missed two turnoffs, and managed to get us to the restaurant in spite of my bad driving. I am Officially Impressed.

Once there we were quickly seated. The service was fast and when it was delivered, the food was excellent. I had the chicken enchiladas platter with red sauce, and my friend had the carnitas platter. We both cleared our plates.

Espresso Machine - Forti's Mexican Elder Restaurant
"Espresso Machine"
Olympus E-P2 with OM 50mm 1:1.4
1/30s, f/2, ISO 640

I loved the atmosphere within Forti's. After all the chains, it's great to find a really good local place to eat in any city or town. I just wish I had more time to try more places like Forti's. But not to worry; tomorrow night we dine next to the graveyard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5