It's a Delayed Monday

Field of Crosses (18/365)
"Field of Crosses"
Olympus E-P2 with Zuiko Digital 9-18mm + DMW-MA1
1/2500s, f/4, ISO 200, 9mm, -0.7EV

Another busy start to the week. This was captured on the way home from work. Traffic on I-4 west bound convinced me to exit at the L.B. McLeod/John Young exit and drive on L.B. McLeod. Right there, in a vacant field/parking extension for First Baptist Orlando, stood a field of crosses. I have no idea why they were put there (although I can guess), but there they stood, the taller wooden one over the smaller PVC-pipe crosses marching off into the distance.

I took this one with the ZD 9-18mm wide open at f/4, in an attempt to keep the front cross in sharp focus while 'feathering' the details of objects further away. I'm not so sure it worked, especially at this small a resolution. I need to print it, say 11 by 17, and then look at it on a wall.

Azteca Signage Going Up
"Azteca Signage Going Up"
Olympus E-P2 with M.Zuiko 17mm
1/2000s, f/5.6, ISO 200, -0.3 EV

Work continues on converting the former Uno's on University into an Azteca Mexican restaurant. I happened to see this group putting up the signs as I was driving back to my office around lunch time. I couldn't resist stopping and recording the event.

What's interesting about this photograph is that it has the least amount of post processing. It was converted straight from RAW within Lightroom 3.3 without any further manipulation. It's images like this that make me wonder if I should go back to taking straight JPEG photographs. I did that for a long time, first with the E-300, and then for a time with the E-3. Then I became addicted to RAW photography and processing. It would be a lot simpler to photograph in JPEG, and the E-P2 can certainly do a lot in-camera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5