A Change of Pace

New Green
"New Green"
Olympus E-P2 with OM 50mm via adapters
1/125s, f/4, ISO 200, 0 EV


A bit of a break from the current self-indulgent series of photographs. I took this one last Friday, while out to pick up lunch. There's an oak growing on the road leading out of the office complex that has particular type of  fern growing up the trunk. In spite of many nights at or below freezing, it's managed to green up rather nicely. The greenery of this fern is all the more startling when considering all the brown plant growth that surrounds it.

And it's a reminder that life can carry on in the midst of death. I'm speaking of the shooting of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson Arizona. There's not much I can say or add to this tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family, and to all the other victims of that utterly senseless act. Latest reports are that she is still alive, but in critical condition. My family was touched by such violence back when I was still in high school, so I can certainly sympathize with with Ms. Giffords' immediate family members.

I hope a vital lesson is learned by us all from this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5