Having New Eyes

An Old Pair
The Old Pair
I can't remember when I purchased my current pair of glasses. It's been at least two years, probably longer. The lenses in my current glasses have become lightly fogged due to the anti-glare coating flaking off. I could probably find a someone who could polish them clean, but they've also picked up a coating of very find nicks and scratches, some of them deeper than the majority. In their current state they're interfering with my ability to manually focus with my Pens. That's why I decided it was time for me to pick up a new pair. Something a little more rugged this time, with the idea that I'll be using them for a long period of time.

I drove back over to where I'd had my eye examination a month ago to pick out my new frames and put in an order. I was going to pick the same brand of frames at the last place I'd gotten my glasses, at the Mall of Millenia, but when my wife and I went back to look for a new pair we were treated rather poorly. We also discovered there wasn't much to choose from. After ten minutes at the mall we left and I made the decision to go back to where I'd had my eyes examined to look for new glasses. Sure enough I did find frames I like, that fit well, and that looked more professional. These frames also have clip-on sunglasses. I much prefer clip-ons to the Transitions treatment for two reasons; (1) the transition from dark to light (outdoors to indoors) takes too long, and (2) it requires UV to trigger the effect, which is blocked by today's car windshields, such as the Prius', rendering them useless.

The eye doctor is located off Delaney Avenue. The way I get there I drive past Al Coith Park. On the way back I stopped long enough to walk around with one of the Pens and grab a few photographs. What caught my eye was a grouping of three or four tree-sized crepe myrtles. As I walked around the part of the park where they were growing I found a guy asleep in the shade of trees. I could have napped there myself.
_7050877
_7050897
_7050912
Resting in the Park
_7050911
There are a number of little hidden jewels like this around Orlando. I'm so busy running around I often fail to stop long enough to appreciate them, let alone photograph them. I wish there were more. This town could never have enough green spaces. I fear that given enough time and development dollars what green spaces we do have will grow less and less in the years to come. So I guess I have a motivation to document all the good green spots in this city along with everything else I come upon.
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
Marcel Proust

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5