The Underclass

One woman with possessions

Two women with possessions

I spotted these two women outside a local Burger King this morning. I spotted the first woman in the top photo as she was looking for something in the Burlington Coat Factory shopping cart. I didn't recognize what it was she had a first, but it quickly dawned on me that she had her possessions in that cart, probably all of them. Then the second woman stepped outside and started to look in a different part of the cart. She handed a small amount of cash to the first woman, who tucked it into a small purse.

I spoke briefly to the woman on the left. She asked me a simple question that I had no answer for. She asked where the closest church was. Here I was, a Christian (Methodist), and I couldn't tell her where the closest Christian church was to where I work. She didn't ask for any money or attempt to panhandle in any way.

I'm headed downtown to Orlando tomorrow. There's an 11:30am march for Occupy Orlando. I'm going down with my cameras to document the event. It should be interesting. I'm in full support of all the Occupy events everywhere. It's people like the two women above, and the circumstances they are in, that the Occupy events are all about.

Technical

Taken with the same setup used in the last post, an Olympus E-P2 with an adapted G.Zuiko 50mm film  lens. This time it was closed down to f/4 and used as a regular photojournalism tool. If you're curious about the blurriness, that's what you get shooting through a dirty Prius windshield.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5