Until Further Notice

A good portion of what I'm about to post and upload is going to look like crap. Hopefully, it won't look like everybody else's crap. I'm in a foul mood, casting about looking for a way to break it. So I've decided to start breaking all the rules of so-called "good photography". All of this is for my personal satisfaction. If you find it satisfying, good. If not, then ignore it. Or better yet, if you really feel strongly about how bad it is, leave your opinion why you think it's crap (or worse).

Fern 2

This is resurrection fern. It's an air plant native to Florida and the Southeast in general. It takes its nutrients from the bark of the tree on which it grows (a live oak in this instance). During the dry season it turns brown and curls up, but give it a little moisture, such as rain and/or high humidity, and it greens up.

I'm fascinated by the textures on the leaves such as the spore bodies on each leaf, appearing as small regular green bumps from the top. Every time I see it growing I'm reminded of old science fiction stories such as Larry Niven's "The Integral Trees.", or the old Yes album art, or the floating mountains from the movie Avatar.

Yellow Flowers

Yellow. The color of the sun in summer. These flowers, who's name I do not know, are part of a bedding close to where I work. As I get close to them I see little insects crawling within the florets at the center of the flower.

Technical

Olympus E-P2 with Zuiko Digital 50mm 1:2 and Panasonic DMW-MA1 adapter.

Comments

  1. I think you are on the right track friend. I live to break photographic rules.

    I USED to break them because I didn't know they existed.

    NOW I break them because I know they exist.

    I think that makes me a better person.

    I think it will do the same for you. Now go be an outlaw.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are checked. Comment SPAM will be blocked and deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5