My College Years as Captain America

For the first time in decades, you're looking at how I looked in college. Magnificent physique, incredible fighting skills, nifty wardrobe, a hot babe at my shoulder to answer my every beck and call, and Tommy Lee Jones was a bud.

Well, maybe it's how I desperately wanted to look in college.

I remember Capt. America from the 1960s in both Marvel comic book form as well as cheap TV cartoons. Remember the TV theme song?

When Captain America throws his mighty shield,
All those who chose to appose his shield must yield,
If he's led to a fight and the duel is due,
Then the red and the white and the blue'll come through,
When Captain America throws his mighty shield!

It's interesting that Chris Evans is playing Capt. America. His last superhero role was as Johnny Storm, the Human Torch, one of the Fantastic Four, another Marvel property. And it wasn't in one movie, but in both Fantastic Four movies. Which makes me wonder if they'll ever make a third Fantastic Four movie, and if so, if they'll use the same original cast or if they'll reboot it like they've done twice with the Hulk.

Oh. And one other fun movie to see Chris Evans in is "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World", in which he appeared as Lucas Lee, one of the seven Evil Exes. What was awesome was Lucas Lee's stunt team, dressed in the same leather jacket and facial hair as Lucas himself. And watching Scott have to battle them all off. I liked Scott Pilgrim. Even Rotten Tomatoes gate it 81%, which is unusual. RT and I don't always see eye to eye as it were on what's worth watching and what isn't.

Anyway, to get back to the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Chris Evans, I also remember some of my Marvel comics Avenger stories, and if my memory serves me right, the Human Torch was a member in a number of the stories. It will be interesting to see if the Avenger movies follow the same outline as the comics. If the movies do follow that outline then it will be doubly interesting to see who's cast as the Human Torch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5