End and Home

Outside In

When Megs and I went to see the movie "Super 8" at the Challenger Center the night before, we passed these locations that are part of the overall block where Challenger Center is located. I decided to come back and take a few photos before I left for the drive back to Orlando.

It was kind of hard to take these, as both Megs and I knew I'd be leaving. I know Megs is a graduate now, and in her early 20s, but it's still hard to leave her. We got a lot done in her apartment, cleaning and packing and getting ready for her to move out and on to something new. I would have given just about anything to have stayed one more day, even if it was just hauling more stuff to Goodwill or scrubbing floors.

I love Megs dearly, but towards the end she let things go as she concentrated on her classes, projects and grades; the apartment needs a little love now.

Bicycle Stand

The more I walk around Tallahassee the more I realize what poor shape the whole city is in. Even the center near the state capital is showing signs of wear and there are parts of major buildings with interiors that are incomplete. Right now I'm busy trying to help Megs shift from being a student to living a post-graduate life. The last thing she needs is for her old man to go around photographing the general decline. It's depressing.

Technical

I'm officially back in another black and white mood. When I got home today I ordered a copy of Nik Software's Silver Efex Pro. I want to get back to the classic look of black and white that I remember. Good thing it works with Lightroom and Photoshop. I'm going to go back and work with some of my recent black and white images and see what I can make them "better".

Camera was the Olympus E-P2 with the M.Zuiko 17mm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5