Second Lakeland Trip

Lake Mirror, Downtown Lakeland

We drove back to Lakeland again today to pick up some more produce and to purchase $20 worth of lilies that Judy saw while we were there last Sunday. She wanted to purchase them last Sunday, but I wanted to see if there were for sale here in Orlando. Unfortunately they weren't so we traveled back to the same spot and picked up eight to be planted around the house. We also found, at the same spot, a yellow and an orange hibiscus. I've seen orange before, but I've never seen yellow. The plants were large and healthy and pretty cheap.

Landing

Lake Mirror, Lakeland

Promenade, Lake Mirror, Lakeland

On the way back to Orlando we drove through the historic section of Lakeland, and I stopped at a few points around Lake Mirror to photograph some of the views. Lakeland is an old Florida city, and a lot of the architecture around Lake Mirror is from the mid-20th century and earlier. I also noticed that Lake Mirror was full of birds, from ducks to cranes to ibis and even seagulls. The shores were thick with the birds, and they knew no fear of humans.

Technical

Top three photos were taken with an Olympus E-3 and Zuiko Digital 12-60mm zoom. The bottom was the one of the last photos I could take with the M.Zuiko 9-18mm on the E-P2. That M.Zuiko is now packed back in its box, ready to head back to B&H Photo.

I played a bit with the last two photos with Lightroom 3.3 in an effort to created an "old timey" look. I have yet to decide if I like that look or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5