Like a Summer Thursday

It's mid-June and it's a start to summer and the monsoon season here in Orlando. We've had afternoon showers all week, at least around my neighborhood.

Buy One Get One Free

This evening I took my wife out to dinner using a Groupon to Cariera's Cucina Italiana here at Dr. Phillips. This is the fourth time we've been there with a Groupon coupon since the start of this year. And this'll be the last.

While driving up to the restaurant we passed, yet again, the fireworks tent set up in the middle of the empty Albertons grocery store at Marketplace. Cariera's is just a store down from the Albertsons.They had just set up it the last few days. There's nothing in it right now, but I suspect that they'll be set up sometime next week to start selling fireworks for the 4th, which is two weeks away.

No Smoking

On the way home I passed by another pile of wreckage from the Great Real Estate Implosion. This wall is all that remains of a dream to build a gated community full of million dollar homes on Apopka Vineland road. It's just a block north of the big Morman temple. There's a lot of money in that area, but not enough to keep this going. If you look at the map of the area you can see the wall and the artificial lake they built up in the center. All that's left of 1905 Apopka Vineland is a big patch of weeded sandy land with some water in the middle.

Walled and Busted

I also spotted this third double decker bus in a huge storage area on Old Winter Garden, right before OWG crosses Apopka Vineland. I think I remember seeing this being driven around the area, probably around I-Drive, but it's been so long I can't recall clearly.

Fun Bus

Technical

I used all three Olympus bodies today, since I had all three with me. The top two were taken with the E-P2 and the semi-busted M.Zuiko 17mm, the middle with the E-3 and the Zuiko Digital 12-60mm, and the bottom with the E-1 and the same lens.

If you pixel peep you can tell them apart. I suppose. Everything run through Lightroom 3.3.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5