Bleak

IMAG0158-2-1IMAG0154-1-1

Bleak and grim are the overwhelming emotions at the moment. Rather than sit and let them stew, I'd much rather try to channel them into something creative. As I get older I'm beginning to view the world in a more apocalyptic manner. Like in these photographs.

The HTC smartphone camera's bleak effect suits me right now. I usually apply it as the second and last effect to another effect, such as saturation. I've discovered that bleak works best with lots of black (dark shadows, dark details, etc). After fighting noise and grain all these years I'm beginning to embrace it, photographing scenes that will bring out the 'flaws' of the sensor.

IMAG0151-1-1IMAG0152-1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5