Father's Day 2011

Father's Day

It was a quiet father's day today. Both girls were gone, and it was just the wife and I along with our two yellow Labs and three cats (two of which belong to my oldest daughter). I spent the day mostly cleaning up around the house. My wife and I had a late lunch and then splurged a bit on frozen yogurt at Tutti Frutti's at the Mall of Millenia.

Father's day gifts were an eclectic collection of items, from the camera cufflinks for my dress shirts to the heavily-marked down remote-controlled electric helicopter to new pajamas to replace the ones I've had so long that the stitching is literally falling away from the seams. My wife is an excellent seamstress, but even she said she couldn't fix them. She told me to quit being so cheap and buy new ones. She uses father's day as an excuse to force me to buy new clothing to replace what I've hung on for too long.

And I loved them all, as I've loved every single gift I've gotten over the decades from my wife and children.

Late Evening Plumbago

The other gifts that came today were the plumbago that grows around the yard and the sundowns that grow more dramatic as the summer progresses. In the summertime the thunder of late-afternoon thunderstorms heralds the end of the day. That's when I grab whatever camera is lying close at hand and step out back before the rains start to fall.

Late Evening Drama 2

Technical

Everything taken with the Olympus E-P2. The upper photo used the M.Zuiko 17mm while the two lower used the Zuiko Digital 50mm Macro with Panasonic DMW-MA1 adapter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5