New and Old Again

Carts and Bricks
Carts and Bricks

Light and Shadow at Target #1
Light and Shadow at Target

I've come back full circle with my Olympus cameras. I'm back to photographing heavily with the Olympus E-3 and the Zuiko Digital 12-60mm. And to make things interesting, I'm learning how to use the built-in 5MP camera on my myTouch 4G. I'm finally getting output I actually like; the top photo was taken with the smart phone, accented on the smart phone, and uploaded to my Flickr account via the smart phone. This is in contrast to the lower photo which required post processing on a notebook with Lightroom before it could be uploaded.

Both were taken at the same location. I like the top photo because of the dramatic tone enhancing the greens and the brickwork, as well as helping to pick out the reflected silhouette of the buildings in back of me. I like the lower because of the shadowing and the dramatic saturated reds I was able to obtain in post processing.

I'm really beginning to enjoy using the smartphone's built-in camera.

Technical

Top photo: HTC myTouch 4G, post processing done on the smartphone, uploaded directly
Bottom photo: Olympus E-3 with Zuiko Digital 12-60mm, RAW, post processed with Lightroom 3.3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5