Last Thursday in May

Downtown
The Last Thursday of May 2012. The very last day of May. I've seen exactly 58 last days in May since I;ve been born. How many more will I get to see? My wife and I went up to our third weekly nutrition class. We've been going there to reset our knowledge of nutrition, especially as we hit these older stages of life. It's all about maintaining good nutritional health and quality of life. We want to live well, not live stupidly.

On the way up my wife drove so I could hang out the passenger side window and randomly photograph the scenery as it sorta rolled by in rush hour traffic.
Afternoon Traffic
The only shot I took on the driver's side was on the way home from work while driving down Alafaya in front  of UCF.
Centerpiece
After our class we stopped by a local chain and had our usual soap and salad. Heavy on the salad.
Night Traffic
And of course my wife drove home again while I played with just shooting totally out of focus.

Technical

Everything taken with the Olympus E-PL1 and the Olympus OM 1.4/50mm. Top photo was taken with the lens stopped down to f/4. When you stop the 50mm down and focus it out towards near-infinity the lens can produce remarkable images. This is in stark contrast to shooting at f/1.4 and focusing close as I did for the mandevilla photos. All the other photos were taken with the lens wide open at various focusing distances.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5