Speed Traps 'R' Us is Back In Business

Orange County Sheriff Speed Trap 15 August 2011 West-bound Conroy
Speed trap on west-bound Conroy, headed towards I-4.

The speed traps were all over the place. I managed to snag photos of two, one on west-bound Conroy before the I-4 overpass near where I live, and the second at the intersection of Corporate Blvd and Quadrangle Drive, near where I work and near UCF.

Orange County Sheriff Speed Trap 15 August 2011 Corporate Blvd and Quadrangle
Speed trap at the intersection of Corporate Blvd and Quadrangle

The Corporate and Quadrangle are always a popular spot for Orange County. The really like to stack up their forces. This time they had two squad cars, two motorcycle officers, and a gray van they were using. One of the officers is up on the hill, to the right, using his radar gun.

Technical

Olympus E-3 with ZD 50-200mm telephoto zoom and EC-14. Both using ISO 400. Top was taken at full 283mm zoom and further cropped in post. Bottom was actually taken at 153mm, as I was walking closer to get around some trees that were between me and them further back up Corporate.

I'm still trying to effectively use the combination of 50-200 and EC-14, but for some reason they're not as sharp as I would have thought they would be. Looking at the lens surfaces on the EC-14 I see I will need to clean them. Another part of the problem is heat. The bottom shows effects of heat distortion from air rising from the road. It was taken around noon today, during the heat of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5