Yeah, that Safari browser for Windows is just peachy

With all the lame FUD being slung about how Apple is "forcing" Safari on poor unsuspecting Windows users, and how the EULA only allowed for one copy of Safari (just one!) to be installed only on Apple machines (which has now been fixed), you'd think that it couldn't get worse, PR wise, for Safari and Apple.

Unfortunately it can. A contestant at the CanSecWest security conference's PWN 2 OWN hacking contest broke into a MacBook Air using a Safari exploit in just two minutes. This is no different than last year, when a MacBook was hacked and broken into via a - you guessed it - Safari exploit. Yes, I know that those exploits are on the Mac, and I'm talking about Safari on Windows. But those kind of exploits on one platform (Mac OS X) make me take pause about running it on Windows. I can already get that kind of security with Internet Explorer. But I want better, which is why I use Firefox. Having said that, I hope that Mozilla's upper management can get a better grip on things and quit complaining about Apple's practices. Take all that boundless energy and put it towards advancing and enhancing Firefox. Compete on merit, not on FUD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5