Alpha testing, Day 4: Bunches and bunches of updates

Yep, the day started off bright and early with 108 updates in the pipeline for Ubuntu 8.04 alpha 6. Since I had to go to work I waited till I got home and loaded them up. Buried in that large update were more updates for the kernel. As soon as those updates installed, then another group of 66 showed up. Then a set of three. Right now I'm looking at another 10 in Update Manager. Three of the updates (108, 66, and 10) have updates to the kernel (2.6.24-12). So far none of the updates have fixed the breakage that is currently occurs with the nVidia drivers and kernel 2.6.24-12. I've looked at the Xorg log and dmesg, and the only problem I see is in the Xorg log where Xorg fails to 'initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)." I have no idea what that means just yet, but I'm sure there's a bug out there already about it. I just haven't had time to chase it down. In the mean time I just continue to boot with 2.6.24-11.

Comments

  1. Hey, i'm glad ( to say something ) to see that i'm not the only one having problems with nvidia drivers inthe last ubuntu distro.

    I have to be stuck with the nvidia_glx_new , that don't have video acceleration :-(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are checked. Comment SPAM will be blocked and deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5