Ubuntu 7.04 Alpha 5+ - Some updated items

As mentioned prior to this, there were a lot of updates coming down the wire this past week; nearly 200 by my count landed on my system. One of the bigger updates was with OpenOffice. It seems to have promoted the OO version number up to 2.2.0. This is even higher than that posted on the OpenOffice website.

I've opened up Writer, Calc, and Impress. Note the version number in the about dialog. The documents being displayed are found in the Examples folder in your Ubuntu home directory.

The next shot is a gratuitous shot of Wireshark, a view into an SMB share being provided by my Suse-based system europa, and several gterms showing basic information. I've got the new wallpaper that came in with the updates, and somehow the window decorations are now blue.



One other feature which I question the usefulness of. If you go to Control Center (or the Preferences menu), Theme, and hit the Customize button, you pull up the Theme Details dialog. A new tab has been added labeled Colors. This nearly-useless tab allows you to change the windows, input boxes, and selected items background and text colors. The following screenshot shows what happened when I picked a nice pink background for the windows.


Colors definitely needs more work. And the default background color is #F6F6F6, which I switched back to immediately after taking this screenshot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5