DST no big deal

It was interesting to read Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols article about updating Linux to handle the new daylight savings time, specifically older releases going back a ways. I compare that with Microsoft's support of older versions of Windows, which apparently only goes back to Windows 2000 Professional SP4. If you've got older versions of NT or a Windows 9x variant, or even (heaven forbid) a Windows 3.x version, then I guess you're on your own.

But around Beebe Central, all the computerized equipment has been humming right along. Everything that wasn't a literal clock clock stepped ahead one hour like it was supposed to. This included the Ubuntu 7.04 system, the Suse 10.2 system, my WinXP notebook, my daughters iMac, even my Nokia 6133 cell phone. All those little machines are at the right time, and I didn't have to touch any of them. Isn't technology wonderful?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5