NetBeans overwhelms Eclipse

I never thought I'd see this happen. Not like this. But MyEclipse, the company that cleans up, then bundles up, all the good Eclipse IDE extensions, has now created a developer preview for ... wait for it ... NetBeans Matisse visual UI developer as a plugin for the Eclipse IDE. That's right. MyEclipse essentially ported a NetBeans module to run on the Eclipse IDE environment.

Eclipse fan boys and girls will point to this as an example of how extensible the Eclipse IDE can host anything. I see it as a failure of a major subcomponent of Eclipse. And I have to ask: Why not just use NetBeans? Or I'll ask as soon as I stop laughing so hard. Oh, how my sides hurt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5