Ybor City

Drove west on I-4 this afternoon to a hotel in Ybor City for a two day conference in Tampa. Got here in the late evening, checked in, and then went out with a Pen and the 25mm for a short walk and a bit of super; what Robin Wong refers to as "shutter therapy."

Caddy-cornered from the hotel is a gentrified, Disneyesque section called Centro Ybor (Portuguese for Ybor center). It spans 7th through 9th Avenues, between 15th and 17 Streets. I walked through looking about rather quickly, until I reached 7th Avenue and then began to walk west. That's when I started to see far more interesting things. I grabbed a few photos in the dying evening light, then headed back to my hotel, stopping along the way to enjoy a pretty good supper at the Tampa Bay Brewing Company inside Centro Ybor. Tomorrow is the first of two intense days of work. It starts early but ends early, so maybe I can capture a bit more that's interesting of Tampa and Ybor City, at least from my perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5