My Visit to Toronto

Sunday 9 September Evening after Dinnir
Saturday 8 September at Honest Ed's
Yes, you're looking at your's truly in Toronto, taken by Matthew Robertson and posted on his Five Thousand Photos project here and here. The photo at the top shows me with my one week old beard and shooting with the E-PL2. The bottom shows my hands and my walking stick to help compensate for my gimpy left knee. In both instances I am holding my camera in what one Austin wag refers to as the "stinky diaper" method. I find the large LCD on the back something of a boon, especially with my aging and heavily corrected eyesight.

So what Pulitzer quality photos did I take? Feast your eyes...
Inside Honest Ed's, Olympus E-PL2 w/M.Zuiko 14-42mm II
tiff vendor, Olympus E-PL2 w/Panasonic Lumix 20mm
What's interesting (to me) is I was waiting for the Canon photographer to back up and take his photograph so I could photograph him photographing, much in the same way that Matthew photographed me photographing the scene. The Sunday scene was taken at twilight, right after the sun set, so I wanted to capture some of that atmosphere. I don't know why I took the upper photo, I guess I just liked the collection of crying Virgin Marys.

I already miss the two week road trip. Next year's is already in the planning stage. The question is, do I go back up north, or do I go out west?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5