the day after the day after halloween

i look damn silly in this costume...
I look damn silly in this costume...
yeah, ruby, you look damn silly in that costume.
Yeah, Ruby, you look damn silly in that costume...
We had a large number of Trick-or-Treaters come by the house this past Halloween. It started early (just barely past sundown) with two little kids, probably first graders. Parents stood on the sidewalk watching, laughing when Ruby came out in her costume to greet the kids. And the kids, even ones afraid of dogs, were immediately put at ease with Ruby's costume.

As the night grew progressively late the age of the treaters grew progressively older until the last, a group of polite ninth graders, showed up around 8:30pm. I gave them the rest of my dwindling candy supplies, then turned off the outside lights and called it an evening.

Every single kid was nice and well behaved.

I had my E-M5 set up for the evening with the flash that comes with the camera, but the only subjects I used it on were Ruby and Lucy. I had the Panasonic 25mm mounted on it and opened up. As this is the first time I've ever used flash on the E-M5 I'm not to keen on the exposure, but what the hey. You learn by doing, and just to be honest, how many slightly underexposed flash photos are flooding the Internets? And I think I like the look. At least I don't have to do something silly in post on the raw image with a special filter. You know, like vignetting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5