day 2 with the olympus e-pl3

two seniors say hello

It's Thanksgiving week. I'm taking a few days of personal time before Thanksgiving Day because I'll be flying on business to Japan on Thursday. My wife and I are running around trying to get as much done as possible before I leave her alone with the two Labs and the three cats. She'll have our two daughters to come and visit as well as all her friends and our neighbors, but still, I worry. And because I worry I plan accordingly.

One trip was to our vet with Max and Lucy. Max needed his ears checked, and Lucy needed to have a minor operation checked to see if she was healing well. Both little guys came away with flying colors. Max in particular is happy because his ears are in great shape. Max is a Lab, and Labs are Hounds, and a Hound's ears are very important to them.

you don't smell like a puppy...

While we were in the waiting room for out turn with the vet, many little characters, large and small, came over to pay their respects to The Man. Max was very laid back with all the greetings. No barks or growls from any of the parties involved, just a lot of sniffing and tail wags.

very dirty paws that need a good bath
why yes, I'm doing quite good for 13 1/2
Max passed his exam with flying colors, and Lucy was showing pretty good progress. Max was most happy because he wasn't poked or prodded or shot. The only intrusion into any of his body canals was the quick look the vet took into both of his ears. After that Max was a happy camper.


I took both of the characters back out to the car. Lucy, in her carrier, went into the back seat. Max went out around the side to check things out and leave his calling cards for any other four-footed characters. After taking Max back to the car I went over and played a bit with the E-PL3 and the Lumix 20mm. I liked the ethereal lighting of this shot the most.

No post of mine would be quite complete without a downer comment concerning the economy. In this specific case, the one-week rise of gas in Orlando from $3.04 to $3.45. I have no idea what the problem is, but this rise in prices is the fastest I've ever seen. My wife says it's to take advantage of Thanksgiving travelers. That's as good a reason as any, and wouldn't surprise me if that were the real reason.

Technical

Taken with the Olympus E-PL3 and Lumix 20mm. I've set the camera up to shoot square (6:6), and created a custom color profile. My custom profile starts with muted (#4), then sets contrast to -2, sharpness -1, saturation -2, and gradation to high key. This gives me a visual effect similar to the light tone art filter (#4) on the E-M5. Oh, and I kept the warm tone on the white balance.

As I promised yesterday everything straight out of the camera. No cropping, no scaling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5