cat-in-a-box channels greta garbo

Playing in an open box...
Oh dear, I've been spotted!
I want to be alone...

So I'm sitting at my computer, when I start to notice a racket in back. I ignore it for a while until I hear a load "thump!", as if something had been dropped on the floor, followed by a lot of loud rattling. I turn around and see Lucy in the box just having a grand old time, rolling around and rattling that box a good one. I grab the GX1 and snap a few shots before she notices me and the camera, then leaps out and back into her chair (which used to be my chair before she decided it was her chair).

Just like caring for Katie my black Lab taught me about dogs, caring for Lucy is teaching me about cats. She finds me fascinating, as I do her. And she expresses great affection and love toward me without coaxing. I try to return the affection and love, but she is a cat, and she takes a bat at me on occasion, although I think that's just her being playful. She always has her claws in when she does that.

She sits next to me during the evening in her chair while I sit in mine. When it's time to go to sleep she comes and rubs around my feet and ankles, then when I finally get the hint and go back to bed she leads the two of us. How could anyone be cruel to such little creatures, but then, I have her because her original owners turned her out...

Panasonic GX1 with Panasonic 14mm. Post in LR 5.2 (cropped 1:1) and Silver Efex Pro 2, Film Noir 1 filter, adjusted and sepia toned. They are blurry and grainy and heavily contrast, and the edging came with the filter. And I love the way they look. I'm after essence and emotion, not super-sharp perfectly exposed technique only photographs. Photographically I'm after the kind of  look you get with sanguine Conté crayon on medium tooth drawing paper. So grain doesn't bother me.

Comments

  1. That's exactly how they are Bill. "Ours" is just going in and out, in and out, because of the rain. And later, she'll help my wake up my wife with a coffee and a purr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to add one more cat to the mix. That'll make you household excited.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are checked. Comment SPAM will be blocked and deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5