it's a slow, slow, slow, slow sunday

It's been raining on and off all day today, starting around 11am. Several thunder showers have passed over the house, but nothing that would drive the animals to take cover. Just a lot of rain varying from light showers to the occasional, if short, downpour. So I've been playing with the GX1 today with the 20mm and learning a bit more about Lightroom. Nothing specific to LR5, just general skills.

I continue to be impressed with the output from the GX1. It, combined with the 1.7/20mm, make for a very nice combination.
Ruby's photo is SOOC, cropped and resized by LR5. I discovered that changing saturation in the menus is not actually changing saturation (although I really wish I could). It changes the tint, from dark sepia at -2 to neutral to dark blue at +2. I have saturation at -1, or light sepia tint. I love the monochrome images that come out of this camera. Maybe I could do better in post with LR5 and Nik Software. Sometimes I think the light areas could be a little brighter. But I remember it came home brand new for only $200. I can't complain.

Yesterday's photos were all taken with the E-M5. While I certainly like the GX1 and the output, the performance of the E-M5 is head and sholders over the GX1, and it should be, considering the time between their introductions. I continue to wonder if I should make the investment in the E-P5 kit (1.8/17mm + body + VF-4 2.4MP EVF). Olympus offered a kit with the silver E-M5 and silver 1.8/17mm. I would have gotten that instead if it had been offered in black.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5