More Ruby and Rails on NetBeans 6

Just a quick update.
  • If you start up WEBrick and then kill the IDE, the WEBrick process still runs. I find this to be true on Linux as well as Windows. Using whatever method you know on the platform you're running, find the Java process which is running the current WEBrick instance and kill it. I'm quite sure it will be handled better in later releases. This is the first release.
  • You can start another WEBrick from the properties menu select Run Project.
  • I don't know if it was there before, but after picking up the latest Ruby updates from the update center I noticed that there is an 'IRB - Interactive Ruby Shell' as the first entry under Windows. Sure enough, I get an irb shell. Cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5