Yep. Nokia released a November update to the 2006 OS for the 770. So I went over to the download area on maemo (http://maemo.org/downloads/nokia_770) and downloaded SU-18_2006SE_2.2006.39-14_PR_F5_MR0_ARM.bin. I used the Windows updater to install the image. The update went without a hitch and I was up and running with the November release in about two minutes.
- Have lcars-sounds 1.0 installed and want your original sounds back
- On the new (Nov 2) 2006 OS
- You should re-flash (you couldn't have had it installed for long yet anyway... ;)
I can't see any big differences between the June and November 2006 releases. I did go ahead and install the LCARS theme and sounds so I can be even more of a Trekky dweeb. More to follow.
- Opera seems better behaved. The browser identifies itself as Opera 8.02 (MSIE 6.0 compatible). I know that Google Mail seems better behaved.
- If applications are open and if they are using swap, then a dialog will pop up on the 770's display stating that the device's flash memory card will not be visible. You have to close all applications before you see the flash card from your PC as a USB drive. This is the first time I've seen that explicit warning.
Well, that was short lived. I went to Google and attempted to run Google Calendar and Google Spreadsheet in Opera. Opera tried to run Calendar (very poorly) and explicitly stopped me from running Spreadsheet. When I attempted to move back to Google Search with the browser's back button, Opera crashed, and then 10 seconds later the 770 rebooted; it shut down and then came back up again. So much for hope eternal with the 770.