In Atlanta


Up in Atlanta this weekend to see my parents and family. Round trip on Delta. Took my new Olympus E-P2 with me, along with three other lenses, in a compact Domke F6 Little Bit Smaller bag. The other three lenses (besides the kit lens) was the ZD 50mm, the ZD 9-18mm, and the Sigma 30mm. I've got the MMF-1 adapter for those lenses. I've also got my charger and an extra battery pack.

I've been quite happy with the E-P2. I want to work with the camera a little while longer before blogging about my experiences. It isn't perfect, but it certainly is fun, and it's far less intrusive than the E-3. And grumbling about the price aside, it's worth what they charge for it. For those on a budget, the E-P1 is now around $600, but it also comes without the EVF. This type of camera is indeed the future of digital photography.

Comments

  1. I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the E-P2. It's an interesting camera, and the feedback that I'm hearing from m4/3 users is really quite amazing - nothing like the ambivalence to outright animosity shown to the original 4/3 format. While the foundation needed to be laid, this new generation feels like it's the way it should be.

    I picked up a GH1 today. Tomorrow I get an adapter to let me put my F-mount lenses on it; this weekend most of my Olympus lenses and E-3 are going to start looking for new homes. I'll be sad to see them go, especially the 7-14 and 35-100, but they've done all that they can for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog regularly. I've watched you 'evolve' from Olympus (E-3) to Nikon (D700), so I know you'll have 'serious iron' when the shooting situation calls for it.

    I'm somewhat shocked you're selling your Olympus gear; I was convinced in part by reading of your experiences and seeing some of your work. You've got quite the talent. I've come to lust after three of the lenses you've written about; the 7-14mm, the 35-100mm, and the Sigma 150mm macro. Yes, I know the Sigma was problematic on the E-3, but I purchased the Sigma 30mm and found it worked quite well on my E-3, which tends to give me confidence in other Sigma lenses on the E-3. I have been sorely tempted to buy all three...

    I doubt I will switch. Florida is very hot and very wet and the E-3 with the 12-60mm and 50-200mm are the right combination for shooting outdoors in this environment. With the MMF-1 adapter, I've discovered that I can use all my Olympus lenses on the E-P2 without issues, except the 50-200mm. Then I have a special grip I put on the 50-200mm and essentially hang the whole ensemble from the lens around my neck.

    Good luck. I've read excellent reports about the GH1, and DxO Labs even published a report that said the best 4/3rds sensor created to date is in that camera. They claim it is equal to the sensor in the Canon 7D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are checked. Comment SPAM will be blocked and deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5