I voted, again

And I voted for Obama.

I voted early (absentee ballot) because I've got a lot to do this week, and it was easier to get an absentee ballot and then deliver it to a polling station near where I live. Not only did I avoid long lines, but I could sit down with the ballot and really think about all the candidates and measures on the Florida ballot, in the peace and quiet of my home.

In spite of what I declared back in March, I voted for Obama because I've watched McCain commit painful slow political suicide, especially when he selected Alaska Governor Sarah Palin for his running mate. McCain proved to me that there are indeed worse things than a Clinton.

I watched Obama overcome old-style entrenched Democratic politics, and I've watched him overcome old-style entrenched Republican politics. At the end of the day you really can't tell one from the other. And just as Obama overcame Hillary Clinton, he'll overcome John McCain. And we'll have a President Obama come Wednesday morning.

Maybe the far right will emigrate to Canada because of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5