Coming Back Around Again

Jesus Is God
For some reason March of this year has been rather tough to get through. Lots of work, lots of problems (both professional and personal). All of March's hurdles notwithstanding, I decided to grab all the Pens and all the lenses and even the Sony 5N and go out and photograph - something. While we ran our errands I stopped and photographed as well as photographed where we normally stopped, coming up with this eclectic collection of snapshots.

For today's use I selected the Olympus E-M5 with the Panasonic 2.5/14mm and the Olympus E-PL2 with the Panasonic 1.4/25mm. Both cameras were set to the dramatic art filter, and I'd further tweaked the E-PL2's dramatic filter by adding the border effect.
Jesus Loves Me
I came across the van at the top on the way to our local Whole Foods. I'd seen it for several weeks parked on the side of the road. I assume it was there because of Easter, and the owner's desire to publicly express their faith. This is the second large vehicle I've seen decorated this this, for this reason, in the area. The first I saw was back in October 2011, and it was a finely scripted Toyota van. This one is radically different in it's underpinnings and decoration but no less staunch in its declaration of faith. Even the bike, which travels with the van and allows the driver to get around locally, is an expression of the owner's faith.
Put Lady In Van
The only odd spot on the van was this taped-on, hand lettered sign to put the lady in the van, followed by a $265 dollar fine. A warning? It's one of those little details that I'm sure has a rather pedestrian explanation but can certainly stir the imagination a bit in the mean time.
Parked
Healthy Hydrangea at Whole Foods
When we got to Whole Foods I left the E-PL2 in the Prius and took the E-M5 with me. On the way in I grabbed a few photos that appealed to me because of their color and composition. Colors have always been a big aspect of Florida, especially during the green season (March to October, basically). Especially in our spring, when the greens are really bright and the temperatures really begin to rise. Today the temperature hit 82, and it was pretty humid. Nothing bothersome like it'll be in May, but warm enough.

A Change of Pace

I have all these Pens, and the Pens have all these interesting capabilities, most of which I tend to ignore. For this group of photos I've used the pop art and dramatic tone art filters. I'm beginning to get a hang for when to use them. And I'm having a lot of fun in the process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5