what is project2015?

mcdonald's gainesville

I have started a project for 2015 called Project2015. What is Project2015, you ask? Project2015 is one of those projects with very vague goals that just came sneaking in. It's so vague that when it's finished I can declare victory, no matter what, and say that the final results, however they turn out, were what I had in mind all along. Like many government projects it will be successful in spite of itself.

It will consist of (more or less, generally speaking) a post/day, with at least one lead photograph. The lead photograph will have been taken sometime in 2015. This is not to say that this is a 365 project. I tried one of those back in 2012, and it just about drove me crazy trying to come up with something every single friggin' day. So this time I'll have a lead photo that was taken in 2015, with some words wrapped around it like this post.

The posts will actually be something you recognize, such as this old-style McDonald's up in Gainesville Florida (at the Archer exit on I-75). I like this McDonald's because it's really old-school, not like the modern boxes that are now popping up all over the landscape in place of last generation's McDonald's. Even this one is not truly old-school. Walk inside and the interior is reasonably modern in layout and construction. Only the exterior sports the old-style golden arches. As far as I know it's the only one quite like it left in Central Florida.

This should give you some idea of what Project2015 is all about. It's about life as I happen up it in 2015. It's about how people live and work and how the economy is operating (or not) all through 2015. Because I travel in my job to other parts of the country and the world, it'll include photos and commentary from those areas. The majority is expected to come from around Orlando and Central Florida, with smatterings from other locales in Florida, such as Gainesville and Tallahassee. Maybe the Keys and the Space Coast. Perhaps the odd jaunt to Tampa. Who knows.

Project 2015 and This Old Blog are my historical and sociological digital notebook for 2015. I recognize that 2015, for whatever reason, is a historical cusp for my life in particular and American society in general. Large forces are in play now, and they're going to have major effects on life as I know it. This is my personal document of the year that will be known as 2015. I hope you'll find it interesting, and I look forward to comments and criticisms, constructive or otherwise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5