Building PHP 5.3.2 on RHEL 5.3 with MySQL 5.1.44-community

Just a fast note on how I built PHP 5.3.2 on 64-bit RHEL 5.3 (before I forget).

I'm building with:
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.3 64-bit on a Dell 690
  • Apache httpd 2.2.15 (built from source)
  • MySQL 5.1.44-community 64-bit (installed from RPM)
  • PHP 5.3.2 (built from source)
 My PHP configure line:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php.5.3.2 --with-apxs2=/usr/local/http.2.2.15/bin/apxs --with-libdir=lib64 --with-mysql

The biggest show-stopper was PHP's initial configuration failure to note it was running on a 64-bit system and failing to find various 64-bit MySQL libraries automagically (which I think it should). I had to bumble around via Google for several days (between tasks in my Real Job) before I finally found the solution. After adding 'with-libdir=lib64' it configured and built.

I ran 'make test' and let the system check itself out, and it turns out I 'may have found a problem with PHP.' So I've sent in the test report. But from what I could see the failures (it that's what they were) were extremely few and very obscure.

Now on to installation, configuration, and running an internal wiki.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Long Religious Con Job

Ten Reasons to Ignore Ten Reasons to Dump Windows and Use Linux

Former Eclipse user re-evaluates Eclipse 3.3M5